Welcome to Incoming Officers
Our induction ceremony and banquet was again a big hit and a great opportunity to see some NEW FACES! Thanks for everyone who was able to come out and attend and a special THANKS to those who have graciously volunteered to serve as our incoming officers for the year 2014 – 2015.
- President – Tammy Murphy
- 1st VP Membership – Nancy Aubel
- Treasurer – Cindy Weir
- Financial Secretary – Gigi Guillen
- Recording Secretary – Kim Schinder
- 2nd VP Troop Center – Penny Moody
- 3rd VP Fundraising – Mary Beth Gibson
There will still be many opportunities for you to be involved with the chapter, so if you have talent and / or time, be sure to talk with of the Officers to let us know!
Thank You to Outgoing Officers
Special thanks go to those who have completed a term (or two) and who have served our chapter in various capacities.
- President – Shari Kern
- Treasurer – Becky Chestnut
Now of course, as you may have figured out (or heard) by now – we have had to relocate our Troop Center from the previous Town & Country Shopping Center. While this was unexpected in timing – we had been made aware of the possibility some time ago. Because of that foreknowledge, we were able to seek and have an opportunity for a quick and smooth transition to our new location in Centerville. Please share with us in thanking Town & Country for the last seven years as well as extend a warm appreciation to our new center hosts at the Reis Legacy Center.
Note: Troop Center New Location! We are now in the Reis Legacy Center, 6661 Clyo Road, Centerville, OH 45459
What a difference a day or two makes –EVEN on a HOLIDAY WEEKEND!? We have an incredible group of DETERMINED WOMEN who serve as the greatest examples as to “getting the necessary job done.”
While there may have been short notice, there was no shortage of talent! Linda Mauro headed up the initial cleaning crew to get the floors clean and allow the beginning of our move to take place.
Penny Moody then headed up a dedicated group of MUSCLE and other necessary talent for organization and by the Grace of God and all that BRAWN – our Troop Center at the old location was MOVED to our new location in a matter of a DAY!
Linda, Gigi, Sara and Charlie, Mary Jo, Gracie Bailey Family, Kathy and Bill Clement, Mary and John Finnegan, Tammy Murphy, and most of all I thank my hubby (George) Kathy. Thank you so much for providing us with food and water. Mary Jo, That is the cleanest bathroom in town!!!!! Everyone, Thank you doesn’t really cover my gratitude for all your hard work, and giving your time on a holiday weekend. BSM Rocks and so do YOU!!!!!!!!! — Penny
Please note: That all is not done – there are still some modifications needed at the new location to make it “home” but we have a fabulous setup in the front area we have been provided that will allow us to begin our packing parties and send out the care packages to our troops without so much as a hiccup.
Please note: Officers Meetings will be held at the new location of our Troop Center! We want to make sure everyone is aware of where we are and how we are set up so that Officers In Charge on Packing Days will be familiar with the new arrangements.
Our mailing address remains the same:
Blue Star Mothers – Miami Valley Chapter #3
PO Box 292722
Dayton, OH 45429
While school has started and the holidays are fast approaching, we understand it is a “busy time” for everyone. We would welcome you to attend any of the following events that you can find the time and know that we always have a place just for you!
- Sep. 11th: Beavercreek Quaker Steak Fundraiser Event with Ch 1 BSM. Come out and share in the festivities!
- Sep. 16th: Full Military Honors Funeral Services. Dayton national Cemetery, contact Steve Ebersole: [email protected] or (614) 783-6862.
- Sep 18th, 5 – 7 PM: VA Town Hall, 4100 W 3rd Bldg 3105 / Theater
- Sep 20th: Troop Center Packing Reopens 10 AM – 2 PM
- Sep 27th: Troop Center Packing 10 AM – 2 PM
- Oct 2nd: Beavercreek Quaker STeak Fundraiser Event with Ch 1 BSM. Come out and share in the festivities – Final Night “Win a Bike”
- Oct 4th: Troop Center Packing 10 AM – 2 PM
- Oct 6th: Officers Meeting, 6:30 PM
- Oct 11th: Troop Center Packing 10 AM – 2 PM
- Oct 13th: Chapter Meeting, 6:30 PM
- Oct 18th: Trick / Treat for the Troops
- Oct 25th: WPAFB FRG Dinner
- Oct 26th: BINGO at the VA, 11:30 AM
- Oct 31st – Nov 2nd: OH Dept Conference at Quality Inn, Bellville, OH
- Nov 3rd: Officers Meeting, 6:30 PM
- Nov 8th & 15th: Stocking Stuffing
- Nov 10th: Chapter Meeting, 6:30 PM
- Nov 23rd: BINGO at the VA, 11:30 AM
- Dec 1st: Officers Meeting, 6:30 PM
- Dec 8th: Chapter Meeting, 6:30 PM
- Dec 21st: BINGO at the VA, 11:30 AM
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. — Dr. Martin Luther King